Ear infections are common among the children but also affect the adults.It may have pain in the both ears or in the one ear.Pain in the ears can have multiple causes.It may be sign of cold or infection.The sign of ear aches in the children are disturb in sleeping, fever, waking at night and difficulty hearing.
Excess ear wax in the ear canal can cause pressure and pain in the ear.People should not clean the ear with small particles stuffing into the ear.They also should not clean with cotton swabs or any other objects. It may affect the ear drums or push the ear wax father back into the ear,which is harder to remove.Excessive ear wax must be cleaned by a health professional.
Ruptured ear drum is the pain accompanied with bloody fluid from the ear.
Avoid smoking and exposure to smoking ,and allergies like dust , pollen etc. which may irritate and cause ear pain.People with ear pain must avoid loud music, songs and environmental noises. We can use good pair of noise healing ear phones or ear plugs to avoid loudly noise. Don’t use any foreign objects to the ear. While swimming , don’t forget to wear earplugs and a bathing cap. Dry your ears carefully after bathing, swimming or showering.
Some of the causes for ear ache is as follows:
- Ear infection
- Excessive ear wax
- Foreign objects in the ear
- Different air pressure on the ear
- Use of cotton swabs
- Water trapped in the ear
- Sinus infection
There are also many causes for an earache. Cavities, tonsillitis, Sore throat and teeth grinding are all relatively common causes for it.For cavity,it is best to consult a doctor.But if the pain is caused due to an infection,we can resort to some natural ways to tame the pain while our body fights off the infection.In some cases, the ear pain can be cured by its own without ant treatment at all .Here are some remedies for curing ear ache:
- Olive oil: Put a few warmed drops of olive oil in the ear is safe .Make sure that the olive oil is no warmer than body temperature by using a thermometer. Don’t over heat it and this will help you avoid burning the eardrum.Olive oil helps to loosen the ear wax
- Sleeping positions: Some sleep positions will aggravate pain from ear infections and some can help relieve it. Sleep with the affected ear raised and other ear facing down towards the pillow. This can help the ear drain better and ease the pain quick.
- Pillows: You can sleep with your head elevated by using extra pillows. This can help the ears drain faster.
- Ginger: Ginger has natural anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe pain from earaches. Apply strained oil that was warmed with ginger in it, around the outer ear canal gently. Do not put it directly into the ear canal.
- Garlic: Heat the mixture of mustard oil and garlic till the garlic turns soft ,slightly cool down,apply few drops in the infected ear
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil has a anti fungal, antibacterial , antiseptic and anti inflammatory properties.It can be applied as ear drops to reduce pain and discomfort.We can also mix olive oil with tea tree oil to reduce its sensitivity
- Consult Your doctor to provide guidance on whether you should try home remedies first or consider an antibiotic
- Neck exercises can be helpful in some cases to release pressure in the ears
- Holding a cloth closed with hot water bottle to a painful ear for about 20 minutes is one of the treatment to relieve pain.We can also use cold compress over the ear.We can prefer warm or cold pack which is comfortable