Our body needs some cholesterol to make vitamin D, hormones and substances that helps the digestive system to digest foods.It is a waxy substance that naturally occurs in our body. It will make all the cholesterol that needs from the foods we are eating.There are two kinds of lipoproteins in our body to carry chloesterol throughout the body.They are low-density lipoproteins (LDL) and high-density lipoproteins (HDL).We should maintain both the lipoproteins properly.LDL refers to bad cholesterol as high level of LDL blocks arteries.HDL refers to good cholesterol as it is removed by the liver.Triglycerides are the most common type of fat in the body. Triglycerides stores excess energy from your diet.
A High LDL cholesterol or high triglyceride level combined with low HDL cholesterol is linked with fatty buildups in artery walls. It blocks the blood flow to the heart for the proper function.This will increase the risk of heart diseases.Hypothyroidism is related with high cholesterol.So improve the under active thyroid to naturally reduce cholesterol levels.
The factors that affects the cholesterol level
- Foods – Eating foods having too much saturated fats like meats, chocolates, dairy products, baked foods ; trans fat rich in fried and processed foods,cholesterol rich foods like animal foods, meat, and cheese
- Over weight lowers the HDL level
- Exercises – Physical inactivity reduce the HDL level
- Family History
- Reduce over weight to maintain the fit body
- Regular physical activity or active at most of the day
- Eating a healthy diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fish.
- Consuming low-fat or nonfat dairy foods
- Quit smoking
- Eat foods rich in vitamin C and magnesium
- Maintain correct thyroid level
Low cholesterol foods are oats, barley, whole grains, fruits like grapes , apples, strawberries, citrus (lemon and orange) , vegetables , soy, egg plant, fiber rich foods and fatty fishes like salmon , tuna.High cholesterol foods are red meat, junk and fast foods, margarine ,baked foods and hydrogenated oils.Does the weight is gained suddenly?Feeling the body too tired?If so,your blood is rising with cholesterol.Immediately check the cholesterol level,consume the following foods that are low in cholesterol,So that you can gradually lower the size of bad cholesterol and get a healthy body.
- Coriander seeds: Coriander helps to lower the levels of the bad cholesterol LDL and triglycerides.Boil coriander seeds in water, add sugar,milk as you needed and drink twice the day
- Gooseberry: Goose berry is the best to reduce cholesterol level, excess weight and heart diseases.Grind 4-5 gooseberries and drink that juice in the morning on empty stomach.It will also maintain blood sugar levels
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar helps in reducing the total cholesterol and triglyceride levels.It cures high blood pressure , respiratory problems , heart diseases etc.Mix one spoon of apple cider vinegar with water and drink it twice a day.You can also add it with fresh juices like orange or apple
- Coconut oil:Coconut oil helps to increase the good cholesterol HDL level .It also maintains HDL/LDL ratio.
- Garlic helps in reducing the fat.As fat dissolves in fat,bad cholesterol dissolves while consuming garlic
- Ginger is used to dissolve bad fat.Add more ginger in your daily diet.Red rice ,horse gram helps in reducing cholesterol.Onion especially the small onion is good to eat.
- Black grapes reduces cholesterol and provide immunity.It also prevents cardiovascular diseases
- Soy and wheat are also used to reduce cholesterol.You can add wheat thrice a wea
- Lemon juice helps to maintain weight. Drink more water and have pomegranate,orange,apple regularly
- Eat 2-3 hours before sleep and avoid fast foods
- Add 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds daily because of it possess antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.It helps in removing the cholesterol and its fibre helps to reduce the synthesis in the liver
- Add millets, ragi,oatmeal,Beans,Brinjal,peas,barley rice,citrus fruits ,lady’s finger ,nuts to diet