Heart is the most vital organ in our body.Our heart beats 60-100 times per minute.Heart needs adequate blood supply to pump the blood to the rest of the body and its own arteries.The uneven heartbeat is called as arrhythmia.Arteries gives essential oxygen and nutrient supply to the heart.The hardening of the arteries is known as Coronary Artery Disease (CAD).When the heart fails or didn’t pump,it is heart failure.The cause of heart attack is the blockage of the blood vessels.There are many diseases associated with improper functioning of the heart.
Some of the Reasons for Heart diseases
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Family history of heart problems
The main symptoms are chest pain, sweating, pain int he left arm or jaw ,shortness of breath ,sort of sleep , back pain, tiredness and nausea.
Physical activity will reduce the chances of high cholesterol, diabetes, over weight, stress and pressure.Exercise of 30 minutes each day is recommended. The fat that accumulates near the area will directly affect the heart. You must try some breathing exercises to cut down the fat in the tummy.
Excess body weight means that there are larger chances of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. If BMI is higher than 25 it means that we have an increased risk of heart disease.Below are some of the home remedies to maintain the overall heart health for life time period.
- Avoid smoking, tobacco,Nicotine and other drugs.These are major risk factors for heart disease.
- Exercise regularly to maintain healthy life
- Maintain normal level of blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes
- Eat fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids twice per week
- Eat ginger before breakfast and two garlic after lunch with water.Alternatively you can take garlic supplements.It is rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant abilities
- Holy basil leaves are the best ayurvedic herb to reduce cholesterol and stress which can lead to heart diseases
- Drink or consume Pomegranates which are rich in antioxidants.It will helps to keep cholesterol in check and keep your arteries healthy
- Eat one banana after lunch and breakfast regularly
- Avoid fast foods,fat food,packed items and intake vegetables,green leafs,fruits to prevent heart attacks.
- Grapefruit is perfect for the heart. Drink fresh juice extracted from the grape fruit. Along with promoting heart health grapefruit is also helpful to lose weight. Single glass of grapefruit juice will double the calcium channel blocker amount available in the body.
- The Fenugreek seeds or ground powder is used to cure many ailments including digestive problems, lowering blood sugar and lowering cholesterol. It is a very good remedy to prevent heart related diseases.
- Cayenne(Red Chilies) has capsaicin, a substance extremely good for the heart. It improves the elasticity of the blood vessels, by making the body more healthy. It reduces the risk of clot formation and balances the levels of LDL cholesterol. It also Improves the cardiovascular system and bring the blood pressure into the normal range.
- Almonds: Eat almonds when the heart pain occurs after eating.It will reduce the pain caused by acid reflux
- Apple Cider Vinegar:Drink a table spoon of apple cider vinegar with water before the meals.It will reduce the heart burns.
- Hot drink:Drink warm water or hot hibiscus tea which energize the digestive system.It helps in lowering the blood pressure,supports digestive system and heart health
- Applying a cold pack several times a day to the affected area may help in reducing muscle strain, inflammation and ease pain.
- Use turmeric regularly in daily food preparation
- Make a healthy drink with pure ginger , garlic , apple cider vinegar and honey without adding water. Drink a tablespoon twice a day.You can store large quantity of this syrup for longtime