Eating toxic food,spoiled food or contaminated food causes stomach upset and food poisoning in the stomach.
The symptoms of food poisoning are
- Stomach pain
- Loss of apetite
- Head ache or mild fever
- Cramps in the abdominal
- Dry mouth
Food poisoning is caused by bacteria’s or viruses or parasites.Foods are easily contaminated.One should well cook the food before consuming.The pathogens in the food are killed by cooking process.Sometimes Eating the raw food can cause food poisoning.Meat, Eggs,diary products are already contaminated,so we must cook well. Water may consists of little organisms,we must filter the water ,boil it and cool down it for drinking.
The person who is having weak immune system is easily affected by the food poisoning. For the children ,the immune system is not well developed and for elders,the immune system is weak.So there is a high chances of rate of infections for them.Pregnancy women is also having the high risk because of metabolism changes in their body.
Food poisoning can be cured in home by home remedies within three or four days.Eat more fluids to stay hydrated.Electrolytes rich fluids,tender coconut water , fruit juices can helps to be some energetic and from fatigue.Avoid caffeinated products,because it dehydrates our body.Drink herbal teas like ginger or lemon or hibiscus or pepper mint as per your wish.Take good rest and relax your body well.In summer there is huge chances for food poisoning because of heat, food can be easily spoil within an hour.
Foods to eat
Prefer foods which are easily digestible ,low in fat and not heavy to stomach.Drink more fluids and water to maintain hydration in the body.Eat fruits,boiled vegetables,bananas,butter milk,diluted fruit juices or oat meals.Avoid heavy solid foods until the vomiting and diarrhea stops.
Foods to Avoid
Avoid foods that are difficult or hard to digest.Avoid fried or junk foods,fatty foods,diary products like cheese or milk,meats,fishes,spicy foods,food products that are rich in added sugar,alcohol or caffeinated products.
Always clean the vegetables,fruits thoroughly before cooking because it may have pesticides on it.Wash your hands,vessels before cooking or eating.Avoid foods that are unsafe to the healthy body.Cook well the meat,milk or other diary products,egg,fish to kill the organisms if any.Drink only boiled water.Food poisoning is caused by raw foods which are not cooked properly , contaminated foods, cleanliness environment or unwashed foods or hands.Always buy sealed and good quality products.
Lemon : Citrus fruits like lemon helps in the stomach upset recovery.It will speed up the digestion and feel us the relaxation.
Ginger : Ginger is the natural anti-inflammatory used for many stomach problems.Drink ginger tea or chew ginger to get rid from nausea or stomach upset
Pepper Mint: Methanol is present in mint and used for relieving from vomiting or pain.Prepare pepper mint tea or sniffing the mint extract, chewing the mint leaves , sucking the minty candy can give you relief.
Measures for the discomfort
- Stop eating, drinking and give rest for stomach sometime to get back
- Avoid eating until vomit ends. Then eat light foods that is easily digestible such as breads,porridge,rice
- Eat fruits like grapes,watermelon,lemon juice and orange which will keeps you hydrated
- Don’t eat spicy, processed, junk or foods that rich in sugar content
- Have Ginger tea with honey or sugar or raw ginger
- Eat basil leaves to soothe the discomfort
- Boil cumin seeds in water and drink the warm water
- A fenugreek seed helps in relieving from stomach pain
- Make sure that all the foods are well cleaned and cooked before serving
- Avoid diary products like unpasteurized milk, cheese or curd
- If you feel any food is unsafe or in doubt, don’t consume it,it will spoil your good health
- Give your body some rest for the recovery process and don’t strain it