We are spending maximum hours of the day in front of the computer screens, mobiles, digital screens or reading books. We stays busy and not spending time for doing simple exercises too. Now a days children,younger generations are wearing glasses due to visual impairment.The elder people do the surgeries in the eyes for clear vision.
Consume foods rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, lutein ,omega 3 fatty acids, carotenoids,amino acids , vitamin E and beta carotene such as carrot, sweet potatoes, butter, papaya, blueberries and grapes as they helps in repairing the eyes.Sleep well and give rest or relax you over worked eyes.Don’t engage in work for a long time.Take a break.Consume more water to prevent dry eyes.Wash your eyes often in your work which will refresh your eyes and gives relaxation.Dip the cloth in cold water and place it against the eyes as it gives immediate freshness and relaxation.
Food supplement helps for clear eye vision:
Beans: Zinc is highly present in the beans .It gives nutrition to eye which provides the clear vision.It is also rich in pork and chicken.
Cauliflower: Cauliflower is good for heart,cancer and also eyes.This will also reduces problems such as muscle degeneration and vision loss.Note that thyroid patient shouldn’t take this much.
Egg: Eggs are rich in zinc,lutein,B-12,Vitamin A,vitamin D and cysteine.So it will protect the eyes from various diseases.
Kale: Kale is rich source of beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin .Eating kale is good for an eye health.
Fish: Fishes like salmon, tuna, sardines and mackerel are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. It will helps to protect against dry eyes, muscular degeneration and even cataracts.Fish Oil, Flax seed Oil and Black Currant Seed Oil have many eye health benefits as it contain omega 3 fatty acids.
Wheat: Wheat contains vitamin E which protects cataracts and muscle damage is reduced.
Carrots and Spinach: Nutrients in the carrot and spinach such as beta carotene,sextoxine,lutein and vitamin C are not only enhances the vision of eyes,but also the eye spots and eliminate the major problems of the eyes.Foods with beta carotene will also promotes eye health and corrects vision. Spinach is the source of lutein and zeaxanthin. Add it daily in your diet.
Sweet potatoes: Beta carotene in the sweet potatoes strengthens the eye health.
Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E which helps to prevent cataracts and improves vision.
Grapes: Grapes help in improving eye vision and also cools down the body.
Oranges: Oranges are rich in vitamin C which may helps to improve the health of an eye tissue.In the eye, vitamin C may helps to regenerate other vital antioxidants such as vitamin E.
Cucumber: Cucumber gives natural cooling effect to the body.Place a cucumber slice on your eyelids as it will helps to reduce the pressure on the eyes.
Don’t eat foods which are rich in added sugar .Don’t smoke as it will have increased risk of eye problems.
Even though food helps us to get enough nutrients for an eye, we should also do simple exercises for an eye. It will strengthen our eye muscles , helps in improving vision and relaxes the eye.
- First exercise is 20 – 20 -20 .We are spending our time before computers during that time take a break.
- See a 20 feet distance object for 20 seconds for every 20 minutes, this will relax your eye and give freshness.
- Spend half an hour in the early morning to do exercises, Vitamin D is good source from the early morning sunlight for improving an eye vision.
- When you are at work, nod your head up and down to increase the blood circulation for eyes and neck, rub your palms against each other producing heat and place it on your eyes for eye relaxation.
- Start rolling your eyes 10 times clockwise and 10 times anti clockwise slowly, don’t star at the sun directly.
- Use UV Protected glasses to protect your eyes, Lower the brightness of your computer or mobile screen as it reduces strain.